Re: [exim] Mail server rejection

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: H. Haines Brown
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Martin A. Brooks
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Mail server rejection
Martin, thanks for the helpful answers.

> Haines Brown wrote:
> >     # exim -v -bt brownh@???
> >     R: system_aliases for brownh@???
> >     R: userforward for brownh@???
> >     R: procmail for brownh@???
> >     R: maildrop for brownh@???
> >     R: lowuid_alias for brownh@??? (UID 1000)
> >     R: local_user for brownh@???
> >     brownh@??? router = local_user, transport = mail_spool

> > I don't have either procmail or mail drop (or sendmail) installed, and
> > so don't know why they would show up here.
>
> That's showing you in which order exim is processing routers. The final
> one is the one that's actually used.

Thanks for the clarification. The question I was getting at is that I
have no procmail, sendmail or maildrop. Does that mean I have no MTA
at all, or does exim handle the transport?

One line here that does not show up when I do this command with my
working desktop is: R: lowuid_alias for brownh@??? (UID
1000). A google search for "lowuid_alias" got no hits. I though the
top number for a user account was 999. However 1000 is what my user
account is numbered on both my working desktop and my laptop.

The header of a bounced message: