Re: [exim] How to pass data in exim4 log files from mail com…

Inizio della pagina
Autore: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] How to pass data in exim4 log files from mail command
Olivier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Our application is sending all day long pdf files to 2 different mailboxes.
> For an unknown reason, some sendings fail.
> When reading log files, it's not that easy to me to tell which pdf file has
> to be resent.

If only two mailboxes, can one presume also a limited number of
correspondents / servers in total?

If so, you may be able to solve the problem at the source.

Suspicion is that one end or the other is running out of time due to
large file size and other delays.

See if setting log_selector= +all turns up evidence.

You MAY then be able to get the specific subset of servers involved
adjusted to longer smtp timeouts.

Yo umight also want to try use of 'unseen' instead of shadow tranports,
at least for debugging. These don't break all at once, so even if
delivery is not perfect, you may have more visibility.