Re: [exim] RAID level for mailstore

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Martin A. Brooks
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Marc Perkel
Kopio: exim-users, Tom Brown
Aihe: Re: [exim] RAID level for mailstore
Marc Perkel wrote:
> Get a couple seagate baracudda drives that are 750g+ and has the 32mb
> buffer and use raid 1. It's both fast and secure assuming you need speed.

By definition raid1 has to write twice as much data, there may be some
performance gains by shared reads across spindles.

By "secure" I'm assuming you mean that a meteor striking one half of the
server cannot in any way affect the other half containing the other disk.

--

 Martin A. Brooks |  http://www.antibodymx.net/ | Anti-spam & anti-virus
    Consultant    |  martin@???      | filtering. Inoculate