Re: [exim] Remote Recipient Blacklisting...what am I missing…

Author: Dave Evans
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Remote Recipient Blacklisting...what am I missing?
On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 08:08:43AM -0400, Kevin Colagio wrote:
> We have been hit with a lot of phishing attempts lately, and while our
> users are pretty good about it, I'd like to be able to implement a
> recipient blacklist on the server.

What effect are you seeking to achieve? Are you seeking to block outbound
mail (your users => big bad Internet) based on recipient? Are you wanting to
block inbound mail? Are you wanting to block bounces?

Also, how are the messages that you want to block arriving into Exim - via
SMTP, or something else? If the messages are arriving via SMTP, presumably
you're trying to block it at the RCPT stage. Try running a debug session
pretending to be one of your users, e.g. like so:
exim -d+all -bh 192.168.1.2
where that's one of your users' IP addresses.

--
Dave Evans
http://djce.org.uk/