Re: [exim] rewriting delivery addresses via shell script

Inizio della pagina
Autore: chris burgess
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] rewriting delivery addresses via shell script
On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 3:14 PM, Stephen Gran <steve@???> wrote:

> It's probably actually simplest to just use a lookup table, and do the
> rewrites within exim. I understand that that's not what you asked, but
> a piece of advice. The being said:
> ${lookup{$1}cdb{/var/lib/misc/mail-forward.cdb}{$value}fail} T
>
> will do the lookup. Changing the ${lookup ...} condition to a ${run
> ...} condition should do what you want.

Thanks - I appreciate the advice.

The reason we can't use a lookup table is that we're faking local domains
(in order to convince an uncooperative application that we really have
"unique" emails for each user).

So I might be better off with regexps in my rewrite, such that for any
address which ends in \.FAKELOCAL\.[0-9], rewrite to remove the fakelocal
domain and deliver.

I suspect that would be a lot more efficient than the original approach -
was that why you think I'd be better off keeping it internal to exim?