[exim] rebuilding bad rfc-822 bodies

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Dave Lugo
To: exim-users
Betreff: [exim] rebuilding bad rfc-822 bodies

I have a situation where an EOL'd proprietary MTA has
been 'fixing' message bodies which (iirc) are text/plain
and which contain lines over 1000 characters in length.

The 'fixing' consists (again, iirc) of base64 encoding
and repacking the message.

The fixing is necessary because the backend truncates
lines longer than 1000 characters.

Please no advice on fixing the sending app or backend,
as I don't have any control over them. They are what
they are :(

I've done a quick search of the list archive, and I
didn't find anything. Can exim do this 'fixup'?

Suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave Lugo   dlugo@???    LC Unit #260   TINLC