Re: [exim] rewriting delivery addresses via shell script

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Stephen Gran
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] rewriting delivery addresses via shell script
On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 02:45:13PM +1300, chris burgess said:
> I'm looking for an example Exim configuration which demonstrates rewriting
> the delivery address by passing the address to a script and using the
> returned value.
>
> I'd like to filter addresses for a specific domain through a script which
> will correct the addresses. We don't have a lookup table, but can easily
> change the addresses to their intended destination.

It's probably actually simplest to just use a lookup table, and do the
rewrites within exim. I understand that that's not what you asked, but
a piece of advice. The being said:
${lookup{$1}cdb{/var/lib/misc/mail-forward.cdb}{$value}fail} T

will do the lookup. Changing the ${lookup ...} condition to a ${run
...} condition should do what you want.
|  Stephen Gran                  | The debate rages on: Is PL/I Bachtrian  |
|  steve@???             | or Dromedary?                           |