Re: [exim] Finding system bottlenecks to speed up Exim

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Johann Spies
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] Finding system bottlenecks to speed up Exim
On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 09:19:02PM -0700, Marc Perkel wrote:

> because if I'm at the colo at 2:00am trying to fix something sometimes I
> need to search Google to find out how to fix somethiung. But I don't run
> X on the server normally.

You don't need X to search Google. What about w3m, elinks, links2 and
lynx: browsers that don't need X.

> > The usual *stat tools will tell you for sure, but I'm betting that
> > you're IO bound.
> What stat tools specifically? Yes, I think I'm IO bound. I think it's
> the number of connections and the TCP stack that's slowing me down.

vmstat, dstat, iostat

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give
      place unto wrath; for it is written, Vengeance is
      mine; I will repay, saith the Lord."
                                  Romans 12:19