Re: [exim] authentication against SASL

Author: Johannes Nohl
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] authentication against SASL
Finally I solved it, don't know where the error to find. THANKS to
Odhiambo and Phil for the help. Just for archiv purpose for those
running Opensuse 10.3. Everything works "out of the" box with standard
packages (exim, sasl, sasl-login rpms).

> > I don't know where to look now. Is the server_condition right? exim
> > doc in packages recommends
> >
> > server_condition = ${if saslauthd{{$auth1}{$auth2}}}
> >
> > What is right? $auth1 or $1??
>

> Both, but use $auth1 for anything new being set up. It's clearer and
> more likely to stay around and less likely to lead to bugs; spec.txt
> explains:

Unlike the spec.txt (at least in my case) third and fouth argument to
saslauthd is required where fourth arg is empty and third is pointing
to the pam used. My /etc/pam.d/exim looks like:

#%PAM-1.0
auth            required       pam_unix.so
account         required       pam_permit.so
session         required       pam_permit.so

My configuration exim.conf is now:

plain:
driver = plaintext
public_name = PLAIN
server_prompts = :
server_set_id = $auth2
server_condition = ${if saslauthd{{$auth2}{$auth3}{exim}{}}}
server_advertise_condition = true

login:
driver = plaintext
public_name = LOGIN
server_prompts = "Username:: : Password::"
server_condition = ${if saslauthd{{$auth1}{$auth2}{exim}{}}}
server_set_id = $auth1
server_advertise_condition = true

Maybe that helps other Opensuse + exim + sasl users...