Re: [exim] help with authenticators.

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Fred C
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] help with authenticators.
On 2008-03-15 at 22:54 -0700, Fred C wrote:
> I have this authenticator which take the full email address as
> login. I use the domain name as a key for my lookup. All the
> authentication process works fine but the variable authenticated_id is
> "qualified", and quotes are added by exim.

This is part of the submission fixups, changeable with the submission
controls in the ACLs.

> Ex: "fred@???

The relevant bits in the docs are:
44.1 Submission mode for non-local messages
44.11 The From: header line
44.16 The Sender: header line

You want:
control = submission/domain=

This belongs in the RCPT-checking ACL, on an authenticated=* evaluation.
Eg,
  warn    authenticated = *
          control       = submission/domain=
or with "accept" instead of warn; if you already have an
  accept authenticated = *
line somewhere (you probably do) then just add the one control line
immediately after that.

This assumes that the authenticated id is _always_ domain qualified. If
it isn't, then you can split up the ACL into multiple parts; in the
"authenticated = *" rule, the * is matching the name of the
authenticator so you can have different controls depending upon the
authenticator. If things aren't that clean-cut, then you're into using
a "condition = ..." line with a string expansion based on, eg,
$authenticated_id.

Regards,
-Phil