Re: [exim] Email DNS Issue

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Graeme Fowler
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Email DNS Issue
Hi

On Sat, 2008-03-15 at 15:58 -0500, Matt wrote:
> In resolvr.conf I just have 127.0.0.1 and am running bind 9.2.4 now.
> Does it just do a dig mx and if answer is not 0 call it good or does
> it do more then that?

No, Exim doesn't do a "dig". It does the _same thing_ as dig (since dig
is basically a fully-featured DNS client application), which is to do a
DNS query for an MX record (or failing that a fallback A record might be
good enough) for the recipient or sender domain and, providing that the
MX record returned is not an address on the local system (which would,
of course, likely be an error for a remote domain unless some settings
exist to allow this) then the router succeeds and the remote address is
accepted.

Wow. Too many brackets and commas; too many glasses of wine methinks! Ah
well, off to the land of nod before getting up at stupid o'clock to
watch cars got round and round for me :)

Graeme