Re: [exim] Email DNS Issue

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Pete McEvoy
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: W B Hacker
Kopio: exim users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Email DNS Issue
On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 10:11:08AM +0000, W B Hacker wrote:
> Pete McEvoy wrote:
> > On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 04:34:39AM +0000, W B Hacker wrote:
> >> If you have significant traffic from a specific host that commonly fails
> >> or times-out on DNS lookup, AND you otherwise feel you can 'trust' it,
> >> you can manually enter it in /etc/hosts, which is (normally) checked
> >> before making a (remote) DNS query.
> >
> > This isnt the case on any of the linux boxes I run exim on, exim does a
> > MX lookup first.
>
> That part is expected.

Doesnt that contradict your previous statement?

> > In fact I cant get it to look in /etc/hosts at all.
>
> Not a Linux mavin here, but what does 'route -n show' produce?

The help for route, the version of route I have doesnt seem to like
`show' , route -n prints the routing table, which isnt too exotic on any
of my boxes, fairly standard stuff. Where does that come into it? Not to
be adversarial, you seem a nice chap and you've answered questions from
me in the past, albeit in a meta syntactic way that I found hard to
grasp at the time but have since learned to be sound.

I suspect Im still feeling the effects of last nights binge drinking, so
feel free to hit me with the cluebat if Im missing something obvious.

Cheers

--
Pete