Re: [exim] Finding system bottlenecks to speed up Exim

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Marc Perkel
Para: exim-users@exim.org >> \"'exim-users@exim.org'\"
Asunto: Re: [exim] Finding system bottlenecks to speed up Exim

Martin A. Brooks wrote:
> Marc Perkel wrote:
>> The server is a dual core AMD running at 3ghz and has 8 gigs of ram.
>> Running 64bit Fedora 8.
>>

> "fedora" and "server" are mutually exclusive terms.

Works fine for me.

>> I'm running the old xosview program to watch various loads.
>
> You have X installed on a server?

Yes - but I run in from remote on my home workstation. I install X
because if I'm at the colo at 2:00am trying to fix something sometimes I
need to search Google to find out how to fix somethiung. But I don't run
X on the server normally.

>> Disk IO is not real heavy. It has a reasonably fast SATA II drive
>> that's not very full. Writes about 3 gigs of log file entries a day.
>>

> A server with _one_ disk?

I have 2 drives in this server.

>> Or - what tools or tricks can I use to see where the bottleneck is
>
> The usual *stat tools will tell you for sure, but I'm betting that
> you're IO bound.

What stat tools specifically? Yes, I think I'm IO bound. I think it's
the number of connections and the TCP stack that's slowing me down.