Re: [exim] Finding system bottlenecks to speed up Exim

Author: Martin A. Brooks
To: Marc Perkel
CC: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Finding system bottlenecks to speed up Exim
Marc Perkel wrote:
> The server is a dual core AMD running at 3ghz and has 8 gigs of ram.
> Running 64bit Fedora 8.

"fedora" and "server" are mutually exclusive terms.

> I'm running the old xosview program to watch various loads.

You have X installed on a server?

> Disk IO is not real heavy. It has a reasonably fast SATA II drive that's
> not very full. Writes about 3 gigs of log file entries a day.

A server with _one_ disk?

> Or - what tools or tricks can I use to see where the bottleneck is

The usual *stat tools will tell you for sure, but I'm betting that
you're IO bound.

--

 Martin A. Brooks |  http://www.antibodymx.net/ | Anti-spam & anti-virus
    Consultant    |  martin@???      | filtering. Inoculate