Re: [exim] Email DNS Issue

Author: Matt
Subject: Re: [exim] Email DNS Issue
> IF you are doing sender-verify, you will have to expect that a
> significant number of sending hosts will not pass.
>
> Faulty 'vanilla' DNS entries aside, many will be in large ISP 'pools'
> where incoming/outgoing are separate, and may not be properly listed in
> DNS, or just not configured to respond as you wish they would.
>
> Others may treat your query as possible spambot probing and shut *you*
> out. Still others have delays or greylsting that will look like a fail
> in any reasonable time, hence drop the connection.

Its not a sender-verify like that. I THINK all it does is make sure
the sending email adresses domain has an mx record. I did not add
this to my exim config its just been there for years.

---
# Deny unless sender address can be verified:
# This statement requires the sender address to be verified before any
# subsequent ACL statement can be used. If verification fails, the incoming
# recipient address is refused. Verification consists of trying to route the
# address, to see if a bounce message could be delivered to it. In the case of
# remote addresses, basic verification checks only the domain.

require verify = sender
---

Does anyone else have this in the exim.conf? This 4.6 Exim.

Matt