Re: [exim] dnsbls

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Exim Mailing List
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] dnsbls
On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 11:25:30AM -0500, Jerry Jorgenson wrote:

> On FridayMar 14, 2008, at 11:09 AM, Chris Edwards wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 14 Mar 2008, Dean Brooks wrote:
> >
> > | If you only need reverse DNS set up for a single IP address, the
> > best
> > | thing is to email the ISP and ask for a "PTR record to be set up for
> > | the IP address you gave me of 1.2.3.4 to point to mail.example.com".
> >
> > Good advice.
>
> Agreed, but my allocation is /27 and there's no reason why it
> shouldn't be delegated.

Right, just ask them to delegate the /27 to you. It's larger than a
/28 or /29, so you've got quite a bit of address space and they would
likely do it for you if worded properly in the request.

It is unreasonable to expect them to delegate only a single IP address
though. It would be far easier, and less likely for future errors, to
just have them set up the PTR record in that case. Most ISPs won't
even consider a partial delegation of reverse space anyway. It gets
very messy very quickly.

-Dean