Re: [exim] dnsbls

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Ian Eiloart
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Odhiambo Washington
Kopio: exim users
Aihe: Re: [exim] dnsbls

--On 13 March 2008 21:43:42 +0300 Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo@???>
wrote:

> That is a big possibility, but how do I control my server from "using it
> too much"?
> Especially when you have several servers, for example.

I was going to say that you could set the cache retention period, but I
don't see any way of doing that. I suppose this is always going to be equal
to the TTL specified on the DNS server. Or, it could be that every instance
of Exim repeats the lookup, but then your local DNS server should be
caching the results - shouldn't it?

Feature request: Exim should keep a local cache of dnslist lookup results,
and allow us to specify a minimum and/or maximum cache period for each list.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex