Re: [exim] smtp timeouts / what to look for

Author: Zbigniew Szalbot
To: Renaud Allard
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] smtp timeouts / what to look for
Hi,

2008/3/14, Renaud Allard <renaud@???>:

> Zbigniew Szalbot wrote:
> >>
> >> The "!A" means Administrative Prohibition; more precisely, ICMP 3,
> >> "Destination Unreachable", Code 11, "Destination Network Unreachable for
> >> Type of Service".
> >>
> >> Either regular traceroute was used, or tcptraceroute on a port which
> >> isn't open on a firewall / border ACL / whatever.
> >
> > man tcptraceroute gives me the option to specify source port / host /
> > destination port. Which port would you advise to use?
> >

> The port you are using for SMTP, so 25.
> I missed the !A in the last line (never be too prompt to answer :)).
> >From your traces, it seems (but I may be wrong), that icmp is not routed
> the same way as tcp (at least on port 25).
>
> You should probably try to contact opentransit (from whois:
> admin@???) to ask why they are blocking your SMTP traffic.

Thank you all very much. It seems that *open*transit company is
blocking whole TP IP address range and the block is complete as I was
unable to even access their website.

I have written to them although I do not have particularly high hopes
of being unblocked. Thanks again for helping me!

--
Zbigniew Szalbot