Re: [exim] dnsbls

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Martin A. Brooks
To: Michael Heydon
CC: Exim Users List, Phil \(Medway Hosting\)
Betreff: Re: [exim] dnsbls
Michael Heydon wrote:
> I assume that the rejection refers to a message coming from
> "82-69-6-203.dsl.in-addr.zen.co.uk" which is valid but contains the
> dirty word "dsl". I have seen a few servers complain about that sort of
> thing. They assume dsl means residential and/or too small to run a mail
> server, which around here certainly isn't the case. The simplest
> solution is to change your ptr record.

I'd argue that the simplest solution is for me to do nothing :)

Phil's server is undoubtable rejecting other perfectly legitimate email,
the onus is on him to fix the cause of the problem.

--

 Martin A. Brooks |  http://www.antibodymx.net/ | Anti-spam & anti-virus
    Consultant    |  martin@???      | filtering. Inoculate