Re: [exim] Exim4 zombie processes are not killed

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Marc Haber
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Exim4 zombie processes are not killed
On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 18:05:32 +0000, W B Hacker <wbh@???>
wrote:
>But - especially if you are in a mark-it, optionally quarantine-it, but
>not-allowed to reject it environment, as many ISP are, getting spam
>scanning off Exim's connect-time resource budget, especially with
>queue_only, at least allows handling more peak connections.

In these situations, the old method may be effective, but I bet that
98 % of installations using it have pulled it from some outdated,
unmaintained HOWTO since blindly copying HOWTOs is so much easier than
actually getting acquainted with the tool one is using.

Greetings
Marc