Re: [exim] How do I stop Exim from re-writing all incoming m…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Phil Pennock
Para: Robert Fargher
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] How do I stop Exim from re-writing all incoming mailTo: address to qualified domain?
On 2008-03-12 at 11:13 -0800, Robert Fargher wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 March 2008 11:32:00 Tony Finch wrote:
> >On Wed, 12 Mar 2008, Robert Fargher wrote:
> >> I'm running Exim 4.63-5 on Fedora Core 6. All mail that is being
> >> delivered to this machine is having the primary_hostname
> >> (in-vancouver.com) appended to the local address. If I disable
> >> primary_hostname, the FQDN is appended instead.
>
> >Exim doesn't behave as you describe by default. How have you configured
> >it?
>
> Here's my exim.conf file. There are no re-writers.

*ahem*

> virtual:
> driver = redirect
> allow_defer
> allow_fail
> data = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch*{/etc/exim/domains/${lc:${domain}}.aliases}}
> domains = lsearch;/etc/exim/virtual_domains
> file_transport = address_file
> no_more
> pipe_transport = address_pipe
> retry_use_local_part
> no_rewrite

I'm willing to bet that most of your email addresses are virtual ones,
hitting this. And furthermore that you don't have the domain-name
included in the alias file. So the new local_parts are being qualified
with the default domain.

Add "qualify_preserve_domain" to that Router so that domain-less
addresses are qualified with their previous domain.

-Phil