Re: [exim] attempting to change smarthost

Autor: Marc Haber
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] attempting to change smarthost
On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 00:14:09 +0100, Heiko Schlittermann
<hs@???> wrote:
>Other work-around is the rng-tools package. It feeds the random
>generator if the entropy gets low. (Source for feeding is a hardware
>random generator or /dev/urandom).

Unfortunately, rng-tools needs a hardware random generator, which is
kind of seldomly found in today's systems. I don't think that it
actually uses /dev/urandom to feed back to the entropy pool - that
would be a security nightmare.

Greetings
Marc