Re: [exim] attempting to change smarthost

Author: dpalom
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] attempting to change smarthost
On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 4:00 PM, Marc Haber <mh+exim-users@???>
wrote:

> You probably still have an exim process around trying to deliver to
> the new smarthost. Wait a little time, or look on the wire what's
> going on.
>
> Greetings
> Marc
>
> Interesting, I think I am getting closer to the root of the problem. I

used tcpdump to watch the traffic between my machine and the smarthost while
I send an email.

With exim4 pointed at the old smarthost, I see the EHLO from my Debian
machine, code 250 (OK) response from the smarthost, then MAIL FROM, RCPT TO,
etc. and the mail is sent.

With exim4 pointed at the new smarthost, I see the EHLO from my machine, and
code 250 (OK) response from the smarthost. However, right after that my
machine sends a "STARTTLS" command to the smarthost, the smarthost sends
back a code 220 (Ready to start TLS), at which point it just sits there with
no further progress. I assume it times out eventually.

How do I configure exim4 to not even attempt TLS? I am pretty sure it isn't
necessary in my environment.

Thank you!
Dave