Re: [exim] error 451-Could not complete sender verify callo…

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Graeme Fowler
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] error 451-Could not complete sender verify callout ??
On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 15:02 +0200, Gregory Machin wrote:
> I'm trying to subscribe to a list from a valid that I use every day what have I done wrong ? or mis configured in my attempt to block spam ..

Looks to me like the 30 or 60 second delay after RCPT TO: is partially
to blame; it took a very long time (well over 10 secs) to give me a "451
Greylisted" response. I reckon sf.net's mail servers are barfing on that
delay.

Turn it down a bit - a variable delay from 10 to 30 seconds *in total*
(ie. for each part of the transaction added together) will make a huge
proportion of current bot spam go away. That said, there are new bots on
the horizon which are more sinister (for which read "well written").

Graeme