Re: [exim] Exim on Suse 10

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Odhiambo Washington
Para: palmeida
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Exim on Suse 10
On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 1:52 PM, Paulo Almeida <palmeida@???> wrote:

> > I've been googling for hours to find a good HOWTO for installing
> > Exim+SA+ClamAV (at least) on Suse 10 but with no success. I am a FreeBSD
> > guy
> > so this is proving a bit of a challenge, since I can't think straight
> when
> > it comes to Linux, any Linux:-)
> > Does anyone know of a good HOWTO that I can follow. I am in a situation
> > where Linux is more appreciated than *BSD.
>
> SuSE don't use Exim as default MTA, but in openSuSE project exists a
> repository that you can use in almost recent SuSE versions:
>
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/mail/
>
> This repository contains the most used packages in mail service
> environments:

The GUI factor is/was like this:
They want a GUI based installation and configuration for everything:-)

I use this repository on SLES series since past years without any problem.

I will take a look at that repository for curiosity reasons.

> About the GUI question. The only solution that i know closer to your
> problem is the Vexim project. Take o look:
>
> http://silverwraith.com/vexim/

I use vexim since inception, but even it does not have what these guys
wanted! You still have to configure vexim using CLI (The Exim configs,
Apache, PHP, MySQL, SA, ClamAV).

Anyway, what Heiko said was absolutely right!

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,

                       --from a /. post