Re: [exim] Out of office solutions

Author: Leonardo Boselli
To: David Woodhouse
CC: exim-users, Steve Wray, Jeroen van Aart
Subject: Re: [exim] Out of office solutions
On Sat, 8 Mar 2008, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-03-07 at 12:22 +1300, Steve Wray wrote:
> > Thats why you assign someone to deal with that staff members email
> > while they are away on vacation in the Bahamas.
> In some jurisdictions, that isn't permitted. It might be private mail.

Not just this, but consider also the behaviour of the correspondent:
here many people (including me) have either an personal account and an
office alias, that is a virtual address with the name of the office that
is routed to the person/s on duty at a certain time, and an easy interface
to change the address in case of absence, so any messages go at least at
two persons (one on duty on morning, the other in afternoon).
Well, althought message are sent using as From the personal address of the
sender and as reply-to tha office address, and people is usually told to
use only the office addrress, at least 70% of message are sent to the
personal addresses !
(PS: the policy here is that mail sent to personal addresses is personal,
so if one sent an office inquiry to a personal address of someone on
vacation, has to wait)