Re: [exim] toaster?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: 韓家標 W B Hacker
Para: exim users
Assunto: Re: [exim] toaster?
A Guy wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 8, 2008 at 4:04 PM, Yan Seiner <yan@???> wrote:
>
>> Your users shouldn't really have to mess with exim. You want something
>> like dovecot to give your users access to their mail, with squirrelmail
>> for the user interface.
>>

> They are using my web hosting service, and because of that they have 20 or
> more email addresses.
> They can control email addresses only for their domain, nothing else.

We've also had users of Zope/Plone CMS sites do their Exim & Dovecot and
Zope-based Webmail setup and and prefs via a secured Zope page to a
PostgreSQL backend.

Very easy to separate Domain Admin & one or more privilege levels of
userland that way.

Essentially anything you can implement securely will work, whether it
alters flat-files, a heavy-lifter DB, or anything in between.

Exim takes its settings from *wherever you tell it to* - even off-box if
you don't mind the latency.

IOW - up to you - Exim has essentially no restrictions.

Bill