Re: [exim] toaster?

Author: Zbigniew Szalbot
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] toaster?
Hello,

2008/3/8, Yan Seiner <yan@???>:
> A Guy wrote:
> > Since i never worked with exim it scares me that i will make my server
> > spammer friendly or less secure. Lot of those packages i mentioned have rpms
> > available. So far, only one thing is missing: good web interface that i can
> > give to my users so that they can work with their email accounts without
> > calling me. Because everything about exim is new to me i was asking maybe a
> > too general question.
> >

> I have to echo these concerns. I came to Exim from Sendmail, mostly
> because the debian .deb for sendmail is really badly broken, and I
> didn't want to build sendmail from scratch again. Exim, while very
> powerful, is really complicated.
>
> It would help tremendously if there were canned configs available:
>
> exim relay to smarthost
> exim single domain
> exim + dspam + sa
>
> and so on.
>
> I ended up hunting and gathering all over the web for snippets of config
> files and had a hard time getting exim to work.
>
> It's a real hurdle for those of us switching from other MTAs.
>
> Back to the OP:
>
> Your users shouldn't really have to mess with exim. You want something
> like dovecot to give your users access to their mail, with squirrelmail
> for the user interface.

You could also have a look at vexim:
http://silverwraith.com/vexim/

Quoting from the site:
Virtual Exim is a PHP and SQL based approach to hosting multiple email
domains using Exim. Exim is used to collect mail for local users, and
an SQL backend is used as a data store for users passwords, and other
configuration information.

--
Zbigniew Szalbot