Re: [exim] toaster?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Yan Seiner
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Καινούρια Θέματα: [exim] De-ifdef-ifying config file
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] toaster?
A Guy wrote:
> Since i never worked with exim it scares me that i will make my server
> spammer friendly or less secure. Lot of those packages i mentioned have rpms
> available. So far, only one thing is missing: good web interface that i can
> give to my users so that they can work with their email accounts without
> calling me. Because everything about exim is new to me i was asking maybe a
> too general question.

I have to echo these concerns. I came to Exim from Sendmail, mostly
because the debian .deb for sendmail is really badly broken, and I
didn't want to build sendmail from scratch again. Exim, while very
powerful, is really complicated.

It would help tremendously if there were canned configs available:

exim relay to smarthost
exim single domain
exim + dspam + sa

and so on.

I ended up hunting and gathering all over the web for snippets of config
files and had a hard time getting exim to work.

It's a real hurdle for those of us switching from other MTAs.

Back to the OP:

Your users shouldn't really have to mess with exim. You want something
like dovecot to give your users access to their mail, with squirrelmail
for the user interface.

--Yan