[exim] (SOLVED) timeout on dns operations in acl

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
古いトピック: Re: [exim] timeout on dns operations in acl
題目: [exim] (SOLVED) timeout on dns operations in acl
Ted Cooper <eximX1211@???> (Mi 05 Mär 2008 16:36:39 CET):
> I have played with DNS timeouts before but that was with dig/host and
> not Exim. I tend to like delays in my mail server since they seem to
> make bots fall off.
>
> The bind resolver timeout seems to be 5 seconds, but both dig and host
> can change that timeout with a command line option. The Exim docs don't
> seem to mention being able to change the DNS timeout and it's far too
> late to be poking my nose into the code.

Yes, it's default is 5 seconds, multiplied with the attempts (default: 2), as
documented in resolv.conf(5). (values found on Debian GNU/Linux 4.x)

In /etc/resolv.conf you might have

    options timeout:5 attempts:1

it seems to work (but only I tested it with other applications, not with
exim).

Could be could if there would be a individual timeout in the exim
operation - for black/greylisting it could be shorter than for critical
lookups.

--
Heiko