Re: [exim] attempting to change smarthost

Author: dpalom
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] attempting to change smarthost
Yep, the new smarthost is reachable and we are already using it on other
systems. I can telnet to it on port 25 from the Debian machine, and have
verified that I can send mail using the SMTP commands (HELO, MAIL FROM, RCPT
TO, etc.)

When pointed at the original smarthost, I get the following in the exim4
mainlog:
2008-03-07 09:04:44 1JXfzw-0004Ae-3r <= nagios@??? U=nagios P=local
S=596
2008-03-07 09:04:44 1JXfzw-0004Ae-3r => paul@??? R=smarthost
T=remote_smtp_smarthost H=mail1.ZZZ.com [111.111.1.183]
2008-03-07 09:04:44 1JXfzw-0004Ae-3r Completed

Pointed at the new smarthost, I just get:
2008-03-07 08:53:14 1JXfoo-0002KE-4w <= nagios@??? U=nagios P=local
S=663

Also while pointed at the new smarthost I ran the command that Heiko
suggested.
root@YYY:/etc/exim4# exim4 -v -bv '<test@???>'
R: smarthost for test@???
test@???
router = smarthost, transport = remote_smtp_smarthost
host mailhost.ZZZ.com [111.111.1.70]

Thanks for your help!
Dave