Re: [exim] Out of office solutions

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Steve Wray
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Andy Smith
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] Out of office solutions
Andy Smith wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> thanks for the responces, the squirrelmail option sounds really interesting and ill look into this further.
> All in all tho, everyone is very negative/cautious regarding the idea in principal. A huge proportion of the
> corporate world using M$ Exchange server with this feature as standard, including some of my previous
> places of work, and I have run into any big probs on that platform. How come we are expecting to see
> so many issues with Exim and OoO?? The main problem being there is an expectancy from user that
> this functionality should exist, saying its too problematic doesnt really wash... :S

I think that one of the best responses I've ever seen to the OoO issue
is this:

It sends the message that our time is more important than theirs.

Rather than having someone in your company handling the mail for the
absent staffer you pass the problem on to the sender so that they can
worry about resending the mail or trying to get attention in some other way.

When a valuable client gets that OoO autoreply what are they going to
think? Are they going to try again? Are they going to spend the time to
try harder to get through to someone at your company? Or are they going
to go elsewhere instead? Can you afford that business risk?