Re: [exim] Backscatter Spam Again. HELP PLEASE!

Autor: Matt
A: Exim Mailing List
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Backscatter Spam Again. HELP PLEASE!
> No these are backscatter bounces.
>
> Non existent addresses on my server(s) are being sent SPAM with forged
> remote 'From:' addresses. Then, those spams are being bounced to the remote
> address' (from my servers)!

Are you sure these are non-existant email addresses? In the past I
had an issue with an email user using this fancy feature called "spam
bouncer". It would send a fake bounce to the sender thinking they
would automatically remove his email from there list. I think Mail
Washer has this feature.

In the end with the help of users on this list I setup exim to refuse
to relay these fake bounces.

Matt