Re: [exim] Backscatter Spam Again. HELP PLEASE!

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: 韓家標 Bill Hacker
A: exim users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Backscatter Spam Again. HELP PLEASE!
Matt wrote:
>>> on the recieving side server supporting SPF but its pretty widespread so
>>> should have a very positive impact on your problem if
>>> you arent already using it. The other good thing is its technically very
>> I am not too sure. I have noticed about 800 or so spf hits in a year
>> time on a count of 100000+ filtered spam. It seems very ineffective (<
>> 1%). Besides didn't it break traditional forwarding?
>
> If you use it hopefully its less likely your messages will be marked
> as SPAM. I doubt DKIM is any better at blocking SPAM. They both do
> basically the same thing which is insure only authorized senders are
> allowed to send messages for a given domain.
>
> Matt

'insure'?

Or just add yet-another layer of complexity?

'There was an old lady who swallowed a fly...'

We keep looking for a buzz-phrase 'magic bullet' add-on when the most
important tools have been in the original smtp RFC's for decades.

Fixed-IP, proper DNS with correct MX and PTR RR, HELO with a FQDN that
matches the records for the IP connecting, proper protocol handhskes &
sequencing, correct envelope/header/message/attachment format and
mime-type encoding...

... combine to do a better job, cheaper, and faster.

Bill