Re: [exim] Backscatter Spam Again. HELP PLEASE!

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Dave Lugo
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Backscatter Spam Again. HELP PLEASE!
On Wed, 5 Mar 2008, Andy Smith wrote:

> If you haven't done so already you should implement SPF for all domains
> for which you send email. To be effective this also relies
> on the recieving side server supporting SPF but its pretty widespread so
> should have a very positive impact on your problem if
> you arent already using it. The other good thing is its technically very
> simple and easy to implement.
> The site for this is www.openspf.org which explains what it does and how to
> implement it,

Does SPF really help *that* much? I have several customers
that use it, and we didn't see much reduction in blowback at
all.

(And anyway, unless I misread earlier bits of this thread,
the problem was the exim instance accepting stuff for non-
existant recipients, and then post-DATA bouncing to forged
return-paths.)

Dave Lugo   dlugo@???    LC Unit #260   TINLC