Re: [exim] A little help! [SOLVED]

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Paulo Almeida
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] A little help! [SOLVED]
> Actually, the problem isn't solved, since the problem was with the
>recipient's callouts. They should be checking all your MX servers. They
>should not be hard failing on a temporary error.
>
> Who was the recipient?

Hi Ian,

We could not send any email to ua.pt domain.
for example), they refuse it with a 572 error: example@??? host name
is unknown.

But, if i telnet MAIL FROM:<example@???>, they accept the
message. In this case, recipient was postmaster@???

What i understand, is that they make some kind of host/sender verification
policy, by testing if the right part at '@' is a valid host.
esenf.pt is not a real host, but mail.esenf.pt is (our mail server).

Tom Kistner advise me that maybe the reason was the our lowest priority MX
server point to a fake address (host mx0.esenf.pt not found:
3(NXDOMAIN)). I remove that entry in dns and the messages start to be
accepted.
Like you say, i suppose too that they should checking all ours mx servers,
but apparently if they received a failed response at first time they
refuse the message.

I'm not a truly mx expert, so what is going wrong here?

Regards,
Paulo Almeida

--
Escola Superior de Enfermagem do Porto