Re: [exim] Fastest Exim server ever

Author: Marc Perkel
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Fastest Exim server ever
OK - without questioning why they need to send email that fast, my
thinking on how to do it is this.

Start with a computer with as much ram as possible. Create a ram dis for
the queues and no log files so there is virtually no disk access. Also
have a second server for caching DNS and as a backup server in case
email is delayed. The idea is to use the second server as a fallback
server. The first main server tries to deliver the message only once. If
it fails on the first try it hands it off to the second server and that
clears it out of the queue.

Yes I know that if the first server loses power that you would lose
everything in the queue but I think it's acceptable. Then the Exim
config would be as simple as possible and have it tuned for speed.

Would you all say that would be the way to make Exim as fast as it could
possibly go?