Re: [exim] Godaddy, SMTP Relay w/Authentication

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Al Rozell
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] Godaddy, SMTP Relay w/Authentication
Phil Pennock wrote:
> On 2008-02-29 at 22:10 -0500, Al Rozell wrote:
>
>> I have a domain registered with GoDaddy and get a free email box with
>> 250 relays.
>>
>> The SMTP relay requires authentication and you can use ports 80 or
>> 3535. As advertised its supposed to appears like the mail is coming from
>> your
>> godaddy email account.
>>

>> ALL looks is great... Except, the mail never shows up??. Now, for my
>> test cases I am the owner of foosbrother@???..so I am block the
>> mail. Godaddy tech
>> support email volley has only yielded "If there are no errors, we are
>> not sure what the deal is". BTW..smtp.starfieldtech.com is the real
>> name of smtpout.secureserver.net
>>
>> So, I am stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>

> Add:
> log_selector = +smtp_confirmation
> to the main section of your config (or add +smtp_confirmation to
> log_selector if already present). This gives you the confirmation
> string from the remote SMTP server in your log-file, which gives you the
> evidence that the other side _did_ accept the mail and here is the id
> they gave you to prove it.
>
> Also, see if it makes any difference if the SMTP Envelope Sender matches
> the authenticated Id. Eg, Google's Gmail/Googlemail will automatically
> rewrite the SMTP Envelope Sender to be the authenticated account
> address; perhaps some other providers require the sender to be that
> address?
>
> To do that, add the return_path option to the smtp transport.
>
> Regards,
> -Phil

Thanks very much Phil , I am half way home... I added the
+SMTP_configuration and did get confirmation from godaddy. Your
return_path idea did get the mail sent.
Unfortunately, return_path is not being set to what i am setting :) (but
the mail is going out)... It is showing up as Sender:
Apache@myinternalservername.
Which is an internal name, I hoping to reply through my godaddy account
( authenticated) so that THAT mail ID would be sender. I am setting THAT
ID on the return_path = "findfoobar@???", but its not taking..
but it is sending! lol ... any ideas?