Re: [exim] Closed after SIGTERM ?

Autor: Ted Cooper
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Closed after SIGTERM ?
Marc Perkel wrote:
> I have one server that is generating a lot of "closed after SIGTERM"
> messages. What does this mean?

I had the same problem, however I was never able to locate the actual
cause of the signal, so I could only assume it was part of the kernel or
a misdirected signal from exim. It happened rarely enough that couldn't
track it down even after adding line after line of debugging printfs,
and it never happened when I was running just the one debugging process.

It was always caused when I used ${run with an external program to do
some sort of processing for me so I killed off the idea and now I do all
my external processing in a daemon that listens on a socket (using a CLI
PHP script - ha!). That removed the problem so I never looked into any
further.

Not much of a help I know, but that's all I've got for SIGTERMs and I'm
pretty sure you've mentioned before that you use ${run in your setup.

Ted.
--
The Exim Manual
http://www.exim.org/docs.html