Re: [exim] Fastest Exim server ever

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Ken Price
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Fastest Exim server ever
> The MTA has to be able to receive 50k/second in bursts and get them out
> as quick as possible. Probably not as fast as coming in but from what I
> understand delivery speed is important.
> It's coming from some sort of SQL server that they say can deliver it
> that fast.

Don't think one server. Think multiple, less powerful servers. 50k
unique messages a second isn't a realistic goal from a single server.
Theoretically, you're talking 50k outbound connections to remote MX
servers.

Also, and I hate saying this, but the advanced features, flexibility,
and functionality that make Exim so great will also hinder you. You
don't need a full blown MTA here. Don't hate me, but I REALLY
recommend Qmail in this application. It's fast, lightweight, and for
this application ... simple. Might as well go with djbdns on the
local machines for DNS caching, too.

I don't typically recommend D. J. Bernstein software, but I think it's
the right choice here.

My 2 cents.