Re: [exim] condition problem in routers

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Wakko Warner
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: W B Hacker
Υ/ο: exim users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] condition problem in routers
W B Hacker wrote:
> Wakko Warner wrote:
> > Please keep me CCd.
> > exim v4.64
> >
> > I have the following router on one of my mail servers:
> > auto_whitelist:
> >         driver = redirect
> >         domains = !+local_domains
> >         sender_domains = +local_domains
> >         condition = no${lookup mysql{SELECT 'no' \
> >                                         FROM lists.auto_whitelist \
> >                                         WHERE sender='$sender_address_local_part' AND \
> >                                                 recipient='${quote_mysql:$local_part}@$domain' \
> >                                         LIMIT 1 \
> >                                   } \
> >                              {} \
> >                              {${lookup mysql{REPLACE INTO lists.auto_whitelist \
> >                                                 (sender, recipient) \
> >                                                 VALUES ('$sender_address_local_part', \
> >                                                         '${quote_mysql:$local_part}@$domain') \
> >                                             } \
> >                                             {} \
> >                                             {} \
> >                                } \
> >                              } \
> >                      }

> First, put one blank line in right here, then test again.

Same thing. I should mention (again) that changing the blackhole to defer
worked (the router declines, where as with blackhole, it accepts and does
not honour unseen)

> >         data = :blackhole:
> >         unseen
> >         no_verify
> >         no_expn
> >         no_address_test

> Second, I *think* you will need to split that into two separate SQL
> calls. ELSE simplify. See below.

That was 2 seperate SQL statements.

I did remove the outer ${lookup, which works.
It's looking more like a bug. Why did it work with defer, but not
blackhole?

Why does it work now when there's only 1 ${lookup?

> > The only reason for this is to add data to a database at routing time.
> > condition is always "no" so it should never work, unfortunately, it runs only
> > if the SELECT statement returns any data.
>
> See above.
>
> > What's even worse is that unseen
> > is not honoured.
> >

> My (many!) all are - but there was a need for that blank line.

As stated, blank line did nothing, same thing.

> > The entire ${lookup is not supposed to return anything.
> >
> > If I comment out the lookup part, it works as expected.
>
> So .. can you just leave it out permanently?
>
> ;-)

No. I *never* want this router handle a recipient. It was only there to
add data into the table.

> > If I comment out the inner ${lookup (the one that does the REPLACE INTO), it
> > also works as expected.
> >

> Ditto...
>
> > If I change :blackhole: to :defer:, it works as expected.
> >

> That gets the same job done also, at least if done during smtp-time
> rather than in a router...

Not all mail is over smtp and I still want those recipients whitelisted.

> > Any one have any ideas on this?
> >

> KISS:
>
> A) If all you want to do is to add the data, see if you can cut it down
> to less SQL code, then run any needed cleanup of 'aged' entries
> separately (and not necessarily even from within Exim, but rather with a
> trigger in the DB).

At the moment, there are no "aged" entries, the data stays indefinately.
I'm not sure why I had the select statement in there before. I think it was
because I used insert instead of replace.

> B) It is less likely to create a 'leaky' router, trash on the queue, or
> need for a bounce if you can do it in an smtp-time acl instead.

> EX: (not line-wrapped the same in the configure file as it is here by my
> MUA):
>
> set acl_c19 = ${lookup pgsql{INSERT into brownlist \
>                (pg_when, pg_ip, pg_host) \
>                VALUES \
> ('$tod_log','${quote_pgsql:$sender_host_address}','$sender_host_name')}}

I do things similar already in other places.

Would be nice if there was a "null" router available. I plan on adding
another "null" router to gather data for several others (and yes, I know
that exim caches queries)

Got Gas???