Re: [exim] A little help!

Author: Paulo Almeida
To: exim-users
New-Topics: Re: [exim] A little help! [SOLVED]
Subject: Re: [exim] A little help!

> # host -t mx esenf.pt
> esenf.pt mail is handled by 5 mx0.esenf.pt.
> esenf.pt mail is handled by 10 mail.esenf.pt.
> esenf.pt mail is handled by 1000 mx.fakemx.net.
>
> # host mx0.esenf.pt
> Host mx0.esenf.pt not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
>
> Not sure about the remote host's policy, but I guess this is the reason

Oh yes... maybe you are right.

mx0.esenf.pt is a fake mx record that point to a dead ip (perhaps
it's more appropriate to point to an real ip with the port 25 closed)
and mx.fakemx.net is a free fake mx service offered by fakemx.org,
that temporary reject with a "451 Try again later" message for
anti-spam purposes. I try this well know trick many years ago, but
sinceraly i don't know if it's really useful and efective.

For now i removed from dns server the mx0 record, wait for propagation
process of our updated domain name and then i will test if that solved the
problem.

Many thanks
Paulo Almeida

--