[exim] exim -bt result different than what actually happens

Author: Annie Kuo
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] exim -bt result different than what actually happens
Exim Experts,

I wasn't sure how to search for this, so I'm hoping someone has some insight
into this.

When I test an incoming email address with exim -bt -d, it goes to the
correct custom router and transport I set up in exim.conf.

However, this is different than what actually happens when I send the
email-according to my exim log, it's actually going to

R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp H=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com

and is being returned back to my email box with "local delivery failed."

Any ideas why this is happening? What should I try next?

(History- This used to work correctly and something recently changed with an
automatic cpanel update. but nothing else looks very different in the conf
file so far as I can tell.)

Thanks in advance,

Annie