Re: [exim] Accept locally generated bounces and auto-replies

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Craig Jackson
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Accept locally generated bounces and auto-replies
On 2008-02-27 at 12:54 -0600, Craig Jackson wrote:
> Exim is the mail gateway for several Exchange servers and frequently
> sends bounce messages to users, such as when they mistype a domain name.
> I would like to accept these bounce messages which presently are being
> delivered to a folder with all other null sender mail.
>
> I have tried this in the acl rcpt and data but it doesn't work:
>
> accept hosts = 127.0.0.1

That should be:

accept hosts = :

Look at the default configuration supplied with Exim; it's heavily
commented and includes this check as the very first item in the RCPT
ACL:

acl_check_rcpt:

# Accept if the source is local SMTP (i.e. not over TCP/IP). We do this by
# testing for an empty sending host field.

accept hosts = :

-Phil