Re: [exim] Filter file problem

Author: Odhiambo Washington
To: raghu_t7
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Filter file problem
On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 2:28 PM, raghu vamsee <raghu_t7@???> wrote:

> I would like to thank phil for helping me out.
> The filter I have written is correct and there are no problems with it
> I want to know how to exactly implement this filter file suppose say the
> filter file i have written is fil.

Wow!

Anyway, create a file that has the first line containing "#Exim filter"
The rest of the lines are those that you have crafted.
Tuck the file somewhere, like /etc/exim/myfilter

Edit Exim configuration file and put the following lines inside the "Global"
section:

system_filter                         = /etc/exim/myfilter
message_body_visible           = 5000
system_filter_file_transport     = address_file
system_filter_pipe_transport   = address_pipe
system_filter_reply_transport  = address_reply
system_filter_user                 = YOUR_EXIM_USER_HEREl
system_filter_group               = EXIM_USER_GROUP_HERE

Restart exim.

Please don't ask any more questions related to this until you read a
document called filter.txt - which is distributed with exim source:-)
You can also read it from
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.68/doc/html/filter.html#, from item no
3.1downwards.

--