Re: [exim] Blocking non-existent local accounts.

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: ROGERS Richard
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Kevin Colagio, exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] Blocking non-existent local accounts.
Kevin Colagio wrote:
> What I'd like to do is have Exim only check local sender addresses
> and if it's not a valid address, reject the message. However, I'm
> not sure how to do this. Has anyone implemented something like this?
>
> Of course, if there's another way to do the same type of thing, I'd
> be interested in hearing it.

That'll be something along these lines, then...

# Deny if the claimed sender address is in one of our "relay to" domains
but
# cannot be verified to exist ("relay from" hosts are exempted as
"trusted")

deny message = Invalid local sender address: $sender_address does not
exist
     sender_domains = +relay_to_domains
    !hosts = +relay_from_hosts
    !verify = sender/callout=20s,defer_ok,no_cache
     log_message = Invalid local sender address: $sender_address

Depending on your circumstances, I think you may want to look at
local_domains as well as or instead of relay_to_domains (no doubt
someone will correct me if I've got that wrong!).

Of course, this doesn't help you if the sender address is forged as
something that _does_ exist.

HTH

Richard

--
Richard Rogers
IT Development and Innovation Manager

The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised.

If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, except for the purpose of delivery to the addressee, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Kindly notify the sender and delete the message and any attachment from your computer.