[exim] Blocking non-existent local accounts.

Author: Kevin Colagio
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Blocking non-existent local accounts.

Hey folks,

We have been getting some phishing attempts where the phishers are
forging a local address to try and give some validity to their request
for information. The messages are not generated locally, but but I
don't want to do Sender Verifies for every message that comes in.

What I'd like to do is have Exim only check local sender addresses and
if it's not a valid address, reject the message. However, I'm not sure
how to do this. Has anyone implemented something like this?

Of course, if there's another way to do the same type of thing, I'd be
interested in hearing it.

Thanks in advance.

--
    Kevin Colagio: Systems Analyst, Reef Geek, and Perpetual Student
    Computing and Information Technology, SUNY at Geneseo, South 124