Re: [exim] Rewrite FROM address

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Luke Sheldrick
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Rewrite FROM address
On 2008-02-25 at 14:02 -0000, Luke Sheldrick wrote:
> My config for my transporters looks like:

> redirect:
> internal:
> external:

> how would I phrase you extra config to allow the rewrites?

You listed your Routers; these are the list of options to decide how to
deal with an address, with each Router tried in turn.

Notice that both the "internal" and "external" Routers contain:
"transport = remote_smtp"
which sets the transport to use for delivery of the copy of the email
destined for that address. The Transports are a collection of
techniques to use, as an unordered set; they're only used when
referenced by a Router.

The settings I described are transport settings and belong on
"remote_smtp" in its definition somewhere after "begin transports".

Regards,
-Phil