Re: [exim] Installing EXIM thru RPM

Author: Christian Schmidt
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Installing EXIM thru RPM
Nitin Gupta, 26.02.2008 (d.m.y):

> We installed exim from the source code but we were not able to restart the
> service from service hooks from init.d folder..

When installing exim from the source code, you have to create a
"service hook" (init script) yourself.

> so as Martin suggested we
> downloaded the exim RPM exim-4.69-33.src.rpm/exim-4.69-33.e14.i386.rpm
> We were unable to find to find any doc to install the rpm and please guide
> what do we do after doing rpm -ivh...

Configuring an testing your installation.

Maybe you get yourself some literature about how to run Unix/Linux
systems in general instead of flooding this mailing list.

And (by the way) there's no need for disclaimers on this mailing list.

Gruss/Regards,
Christian Schmidt

--
You need more time; and you probably always will.