Re: [exim] Unwanted bounce messages generated locally

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Graeme Fowler
To: Exim Users List
題目: Re: [exim] Unwanted bounce messages generated locally
On Thu, 2008-02-21 at 22:05 +0000, Phil (Medway Hosting) wrote:
> > As it stands, .de (amongst others) have chosen to deviate - for their
> > own specific reasons - from RFC3912 and have, therefore, been listed in
> > whois.rfc-ignorant.org. Many other ccTLDs are the same, as well as many
> > SLDs.
>
> THAT is the entire point.

Well, Phil, I'm afraid I have to... oh, you're *agreeing* with me. I
see ;-)

> In another thread (something about postmaster@), earlier today someone said:
>
> > Because "postmaster@domain" is the RFC mandated method of contacting a
> > given domain to deal with email problems. If you, someone else running
> > hundreds/thousands/millions of domains, everyone and their dog starts to
> > keep their own methods of contact, we've gone to Hell in a handcart

Aye that I did.

> Well .de HAVE made their own rules. So they get listed. Seems fair enough to
> me.

Which was precisely my point (albeit being made in a sort of fluffy
way), so thanks for backing that up.

Graeme